Sunday, June 21, 2015

Black Bean & Chorizo Mini Taco


As our "Mini Taco Adventure" continues, I thought I would forge through the "Realm of Beandom" with my take on a "TexMex" original .. beans & meat tacos.
One of most popular bean recipes I developed is my take on "Frijoles Negros Refritos" (refried black beans), so I whipped up several batches on these dark and decadent delights to incorporate into my minis. These beans are smoky, spicy and creamy all in one. My pick over pinto beans any day of the week!
I served these delicious gems on a hand-cut flour tortilla topped with my housemade chorizo. I have experimented over the years to get just the right amount of "zing" in my chorizo recipe .. spicy and porky with that little sumpin' sumpin' that just hits the right note each and every time. Time to fry some up again!
For my toppings, I went with queso oaxaca and cheddar cheese, homegrown organic cilantro, along with lightly pickled carrots and cabbage. The pièce de résistance is my signature avocado crema. The cool, creamy avocado crema is near perfect contrast to the spiciness of the proteins and the tang of the pickled vegetables. It brings the entire morsel into harmony.
Pairing the tacos with beverages was simple and obvious .. my "Cucumber Melon Basil Sangria" hit all the thirst quenching notes. (See the recipe below)
I hope you're enjoying our "Mini Taco Adventures" .. I know I am and I have a few more up my sleeve in the coming weeks!
Stay Tuned!
¡Salud

See more by visiting and "liking" me at facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment