Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Jerk Chicken Mini Taco



My "mini taco" obsession continues! This time I took one of my favorite ethnic dishes and turned it into a sweet and spicy, two-bite morsel.
"Jerk" is a method of cooking which started in Jamaica by natives who came from the Americas. The technique utilizes a marinade or paste and is slow smoked over wood. The marinade must always include allspice, scotch bonnet peppers and some type of acidic fruit. The rest of the ingredients vary from family to family.

My jerk marinade contains allspice and scotch bonnets of course, along with onion, thyme, garlic, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, ginger, orange juice and a few more signature ingredients.
The chicken, is marinated overnight and then grilled over lump charcoal with cherry wood. To make the minis, I thin slice the meat, then top it with my pineapple, cabbage slaw along with my avocado crema. The end result is a sweet and spicy chicken taco that I'm sure you and your family will coming running for more!
These are the perfect minis for summertime parties and patio get togethers.
I always pair my dishes with some adult beverage. This one is in homage to another "mini" .. Little Kings Cream Ale! This "retro" beer has pale malts, is bready with a touch of caramel. It is fruity with the hint of green apples and pears and a mild bitterness towards the end. The finish is medium-light, a little creamy, dry, with very light carbonation. A smooth little beer (7-oz bottle) that pairs perfectly with the Jerk Chicken Minis.
I hope you are enjoying my "Mini Taco Adventures", there are plenty more in store this summer!

See more on http://www.facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks

#thebaldchefcooks
#minitacoobsession

No comments:

Post a Comment