Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Mom's Blueberry Coffee Cake


Mom's Blueberry Coffee Cake .. I suppose it's "ole-timey week" here at The Bald Chef Cooks. Bringing back recipe ideas from my past via my Mom, Aunts or our family restaurant .. Farmlad.
This one is 100% Mom and her Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe. I love a good coffee cake with all those crunchy crumbles .. it's oh so good!
I made mine with a twist that I'm sure would be "mother approved". In place of milk or heavy cream in the recipe, I folded in crème fraîche which gave the cake a rich, more velvety texture and a slight bite from it's acidity. Along with the blueberries, I also added a splash of brandy in both the crumble and the batter. This boosted the flavor even more.
Fresh blueberries are ripe for the picking across much of the region. So I encourage you to visit your local orchard or farmer's market to pick up some of these tasty berries!
I hope you are enjoying my "Back To The Future" moments and I guess we'll just have to see what inspires me the rest of the week!

Remember Buy Local!

See more on http://www.facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks



No comments:

Post a Comment