Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Salad Hummus Mini Tacos


Here's a vegetarian taco that's perfect for summer picnics or any quiet evening. These minis are light, fresh and bright, without lugging your belly down.
Hummus one of my favorite "go-to's" recipes for dips, wraps and now .. mini tacos.
With all the bad weather we have had here in Middle America, I thought it would be nice to throw a delicious dish that can be served cold or room temperature. A nice snack on the patio with a good bottle of wine perhaps. So I whipped up a batch of my original "Mia Piccola Cucina" Chickpea Hummus recipe and spread some on hand-cut spinach tortillas.
For toppings, I chose roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, sliced Sevillano and Black Greek olives, spring lettuces, dried cranberries, pine nuts, fresh feta and then drizzled each with my house white balsamic vinaigrette. This mini is mighty on flavor.
I paired the tacos with 2014 M.Chapoutier Belleruche Côtes du Rhône Rosé. To the eye, the wine is light pink with salmon highlights. The aroma has strawberry notes with currant, raspberry and cherry. It has a silky mouthfeel and is fresh, well-balanced and rounded. A very good pairing to the light and airy hummus as well as the briny olives and light feta cheese. (under $13)
This was a fun mini taco recipe for me develop. I enjoy making the hummus and the ingredients I paired with it and the wine makes it a gold standard in my opinion. I hope you have enjoyed this leg of my continuing "Mini Taco Adventure". There's more to come!
 .. Here's a vegetarian taco that's perfect for summer picnics or any quiet evening. See more on my http://www.facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks page.

#thebaldchefcooks
#minitacoadventures

No comments:

Post a Comment