Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Apricot Glazed Ham Loaf




What to do with all your leftover Easter ham? Whelp .. I followed my family tradition and turned it into "Apricot Glazed Ham Loaf" with "Thyme Perfumed Scalloped Potatoes" and "Roasted Asparagus".

Ham loaf is a Pennsylvania Dutch .. Eastern Ohio Appalachian dish that has been in my family for centuries. I just kicked mine up a knotch using flavors that pair well.

Simply grind your ham in your food processor then add an equal amount of ground pork, eggs, dry mustard, diced apricot, bread crumbs, pineapple juice, onion then bake .. baste with my signature apricot glaze then last 15 minutes of roasting. I kid you not .. this will make traditional meatloaf a thing of the past.

See more on facebook.com/BaldFoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment