Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Hackbratentorte




Have you brushed up on your German? Because today for "Ground Meats Week" I rendered up a little Deutsche with Farmlad's "Hackbratentorte mit Spaetzle und Cremige Rosenkoh" or "Pastry Wrapped Meatloaf with Spaetzle and Creamy Brussels".

This is a staple in many Bavarian restaurants utilizing minced pork and or beef wrapped in a pastry and smothered in some type of gravy. I chose to combine both pork and beef along with herbs, grated gruyère, fresh bread crumbs and egg. I carefully enveloped the meat in pastry and sealed it with egg wash.

To accompany the ground meat dish, I chose classic house made Spaetzle in a simple butter sauce and the Bavarian favorite .. Creamy Brussels.

I hope you enjoyed my little trip to Germany with a few classic dishes that I'm certain will be as big a hit with you and your family as they are in Munich.

Auf Wiedersehen!


See more on facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks

No comments:

Post a Comment