Monday, October 13, 2014

Tagliatelle alla Harvest Bolognese


"Tagliatelle alla Harvest Bolognese" .. Frequent readers of my blogs know that traditional Bolognese is one of my culinary passions, but every once in a while I like to stir things up in non-traditional ways. On the menu this week is a "Harvest" version of my white wine bolognese.

The basis of most Italian sauces is the "mirepoix", a mixture of chopped celery, onions, and carrots. In this dish I swapped out the celery and carrots with chopped golden beets, butternut squash and parsnip, which changed this classic meat sauce into a sweeter, lighter, and I'd like to think, tastier version of the original. 

Paired with "Mia Piccola Cucina's" house made "Tagliatelle" and you've get a dish that is chock full of fall colors and flavors!

Good "Autumn" Eating!

 Change of seasons means changing ingredients, see more on facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks

No comments:

Post a Comment