Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Miso Chilean Sea Bass


"Miso Chilean Sea Bass" .. One of my favorite fish species is the Chilean Sea Bass. It's flaky flesh and mild flavor melds perfectly for almost every cooking style .. and the style I chose tonight was borrowed from Japan.

I took "Shiromiso" or "White Miso" and made a marinade which included other deep Japanese flavors. Wrapped it up and let it soak up the "umami-rich" broth.

I pan-seared the fillets until they were browned on each side and popped it into a hot oven until the flesh was moist and flaky. I reduced my unused marinade into a glaze and ladled just a bit to further bolster the flavor of this delicious dish.

I chose to pair my sea bass with "Acorn Squash & Goat Cheese Puree". This slightly sweet and acidic side balanced the savory sea bass near perfectly .. hey who am I kidding .. it was perfectly balanced! 

I hope you get a chance to try your hand using "Miso" .. You will be satisfied!

Good Eating!

"Miso Hungry"! See more on 

No comments:

Post a Comment