Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pomodoro e Zuppa di Fagioli Cannellini



 "Pomodoro e Zuppa di Fagioli Cannellini" .. or .. "Tomato and Cannellini Bean Soup". 

The dish features San Marzano Tomatoes, Cannellini Beans, Onion, Garlic, Olive Oil, stock and classic Italian seasonings . This "zuppa" can be whipped up in under half an hour and I usually make a double batch and freeze it in serving size portions. This gives me the opportunity to have a tasty and nutritious lunch or dinner on the table within minutes.

I didn't include it in the photo .. but grating Parmigiano Reggiano is essential component along with my favorite "finishing" Extra Virgin Olive Oil . Combined at the end, they add cheesy creaminess and velvety texture. 

An ideal accompaniment for this soup is some crusty Italian bread like my "house made" Tuscan Bread.

For this and more recipe ideas .. Go to facebook.com/BaldFoodie

Make this one folks .. you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment