Sunday, September 28, 2014

Campanelle con Brevi Ragu Costola


"Campanelle con Brevi Ragu Costola" .. or "Campanelle Pasta with Short Rib Ragu". 

Campanelle or "bellflowers" pasta is one of my favorite sauce grabbing pastas. It's flower/bell like shape guzzles ragu and creates an explosion of flavor in every bite! Add braised short ribs and you have a near perfect combination.

This isn't a "classic" Italian preparation, it comes from my upcoming cookbout. But for incredible tastes, you should try this recipe idea.

Ingredients include classic Italian flavors of carrot, celery, onion, garlic, parsley, red wine and stock. I tempered the Ragu with butter and cream, then combined it with my "house-made" Campanelle to finish this tasty dish!

I hope you enjoy this rustic full-bodied dish. I know I did!

Good Eating!

Check out this Mia Piccola Cucina original on   

No comments:

Post a Comment