Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pan-Seared Ribeye



"Pan-Seared Ribeye" .. I come from the "less is more" school of thought when it comes to steaks. My favorite isn't Filet, it's a simple Ribeye. One that's a minimum 1 1/2 inches thick .. but ribeye none the less.

I don't go crazy with elaborate sauces, nor do I have any secrets other than these. Begin with a "room temperature" Steak. Season with salt, but wait on the pepper until the pan sear is done. Finally, getting my "cast iron pan" screaming hot and placing the steak on it with very little oil. I then leave it be. Usually around 3-4 minutes. I flip it and leave it alone once again.

After these motions, I'll stick it in a preheated 350 for 5-6 minutes until it's a beautiful medium rare. This is where the black pepper comes it. 

The key is simplicity and a good quality steak! I prefer buying steaks that have been dry-aged a minimum of 18 days. Longer is better with 28 days not unusual for me.

Here's to good eating!

Where less is more! See what I mean on  

No comments:

Post a Comment