Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spaghetti al Pesto Genovese


"Spaghetti al Pesto Genovese" .. Pesto originated in Genoa in the Liguria region of northern Italy in the mid 1800's and traditionally consists of crushed garlic, basil, and European pine nuts blended with olive oil and Parmigiano Reggiano. 

Of course I love updating classics and my take on this sauce combines flavors from all across Italy. First, I rendered Pancetta just for the fat. Added my pasta water to it, which was the beginning of my sauce.

I then pounded fresh Basil, Parsley, Onion, Toasted Almonds, Anchovy, Olives, Parmigiano Reggiano and Salt & Pepper in my mortar and ground everything into a dense paste before drizzling in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

If you want to enhance a traditional "Pesto", I wholeheartedly suggest trying my take on this classic from Genoa!

Ciao

Checkout my take on this classic Italian dish on http://facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks

No comments:

Post a Comment