Sunday, July 20, 2014

Formaggio Souffle Toscana


"Formaggio Souffle Toscana" .. or .. "Tuscan Cheese Souffle"! I kept with my "cheezy" Sunday by whipping up several Cheese Souffles this evening, but I did it with a little Tuscan flair!

The cheeses included in my Northern Italian edition were Ricotta, Smoked Mozzarella and Percorino Toscano. This combination gave my take of this "Classic French" dish a pleasant smokey flavor from the Mozzarella as well as the fresh "bite" of the Tuscany version of the sheep's milk Pecorino. 

Being a light dish, my accompaniment was light as well. A simple salad made up of baby Green Romaine and Red Romaine Lettuce, Butter Lettuce, Red Swiss Chard, Baby Spinach, Arugula, Frisee and Raddichio and a toss of Olive Oil, White Balsamic Vinegar, Salt & Pepper and a grate of Parmigiano Reggiano.

It's been a "Cheezy" kinda day!

See this and more on the new facebook.com/TheBaldChefCooks

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment