Thursday, July 17, 2014

Spaghetti aux Crevettes et Tomate Crémeuse


"Spaghetti aux Crevettes et Tomate Crémeuse" .. or .. "Spaghetti with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce". This is one of the dishes from my upcoming "Mia Piccola Cucina Cookbook". Over the years it has proved to be extremely popular despite not being 100% authentic Italian, but utilizing more of a Classic French take.

My sauce begins but sauteing the Shrimp in Olive Oil, Garlic, Oregano, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper. After just a brief moment on each side, I remove the shrimp and added Diced Tomatoes and Dry Sherry. After cooking the alcohol out, I add Heavy Cream and reduce until thickened.

Meanwhile, my "house-made" Spaghetti is nearly "al dente" .. I return the Shrimp and the Pasta to the Sauce and finish both.

This creamy rich sauce may turn some heads, but the flavor combination of the Shrimp, Tomatoes and rich Sherried Cream will simply knock your socks off!

See this "French" take on Pasta that will knock your socks off! Only on facebook.com/BaldFoodie

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment