Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Herb de Provence Roast Chicken


"Herb de Provence Roast Chicken" .. This is my take on a Classic French recipe Celebrity Chef Thomas Keller has made famous at his legendary restaurant "French Laundry".


After "trussing" the chicken with kitchen string, I dry rub the bird using traditional herbs from Provence region of southern France. Salt, White Pepper, Savory, Marjoram, Rosemary, Thyme and Oregano. I don't oil the bird for this recipe .. instead letting the natural fat render through the skin. This is a classic Chef Keller technique.

I next place the bird on my bed of aromatics including Carrots, Onion and Potatoes. I do, however, toss them in a mixture of olive oil and more of the Herb de Provence seasoning.

I hope you enjoy this brief trip to the south of France! For this and more, visit facebook.com/BaldFoodie

Bon Apetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment