Friday, July 18, 2014

Spaghetti al Pesto di Peperoni


"Spaghetti al Pesto di Peperoni" .. or .. "Spaghetti with Pesto and (Red) Peppers"! Have you ever wondered what to do with all those delicious Red Peppers in your garden or the local farmers' market? Red Peppers are sweet, mild and simply delicious .. so why not turn them into a hearty pasta sauce?

I really enjoy the bounty of the summer harvest. My mind swirls with ideas on what I can do with summer Squash, Zucchini, Cucumbers and of course Red Bell Peppers. 

My Red Pepper Sauce begins with roasting the peppers either on the grill or on the stove top. Fire the skins black, then put them in a paper bag to steam. Once their steamed, simply wipe the blackened outer skin off and clean them inside and out. 

For this recipe, I use a rough chop and set them aside. Next I soften several cloves of Garlic in a quality Olive Oil. Next I pull out my food processor and puree roasted Almonds, Fresh Basil, Red Peppers and the Garlic with the Oil. I then add a handful of Pecorino Tuscano and salt and pepper to taste.

This flavorful sauce can be then frozen for future use OR in my case .. eaten right away with my house-made "Spaghetti" or "Capellini".


See this tasty, yet unusual sauce only on facebook.com/BaldFoodie

"Buono Appetito"



No comments:

Post a Comment